I remember as a child my mother often bought sweets from orange jelly, chocolate-covered, I loved them. And I decided to try to prepare them at home, unfortunately molds for candy I do not, so what I did in the usual form, and then cut into candy. If you have a candy tins, first pour them a chocolate layer, then a jelly and marzipan. No matter how I tried, neatly cut did not work, so that the chocolate on top is cracked, but the sweets are delicious, but still useful, my family did not pay attention to it. I’m ready to them in the evening, so they are well frozen, so that step by step photos with flash, sorry. By the way, these candies are a great dessert for New Year, oranges — it’s always a treat:)
Orange — 2
Gelatin — 10 g
Carnation — 3
Sugar — 150 g
Dark chocolate — 100 g
Cream (20%) — 50 ml
Almonds (peeled) — 100 g
Powdered sugar — 40 g
Egg white — 1
The cognac or liqueur — 1 tbsp. l
1. 1 orange, and with the help of my peelers remove zest with a thin layer. Soak it in very cold water and leave overnight in the refrigerator. The next day, peel wash and finely chop. We shift zest in a saucepan, pour 200 ml of water, set over medium heat and cook for 35 — 40 minutes. Of two oranges squeeze the juice, mix it with sugar and cloves. Add this mixture to the skillet with the zest and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a 20 — 25 minutes. Gelatine soaked in cold boiled water to swell, then added to the orange mixture (removed from heat) and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Allowed to cool at room temperature, then filtered through a sieve or simply take out the cloves.
2. To prepare the marzipan, peeled almonds grind in a blender or coffee grinder to a state of fine crumbs. Add the powdered sugar and liqueur. Then add the egg white and part of the mix. If you get a lot, from which you can form a ball, add something more protein is needed. Roll off the marzipan into a ball and turn in plastic wrap until use. I add liqueur Amaretto, so the marzipan became brownish.
3. If the orange mixture has cooled, spread the marzipan on the baking parchment and roll out into a formation width of 3 — 4 cm. Carefully shift the marzipan into a mold and pour it chilled orange mixture.
4. We send in the refrigerator for 2 hours for curing. When the orange layer hardens, warm up the cream in a pan, without boiling. Remove from the heat and add them to the broken pieces of chocolate. Stir until uniform and allowed to cool to room temperature.
5. Then cover with chocolate orange layer and then send in the refrigerator to solidify minute 20.