This recipe I prepared for a contest on the theme of Turkish cuisine. I love the classic baklava, but the competition wanted to do that — something unusual, so I joined the idea of ??Nina with orange filling for baklava and the idea of ??test yogurt. I really liked the baklava and hot or cold, it turned out very juicy and aromatic. Especially insanely delicious baklava with ice cream. The dough can also be used flaky (homemade) and filo dough.
Flour — Article 3. 5.
Butter — 250 g
soda — 1 teaspoon
Kefir — 1. Article 5.
The egg yolk — 3
Sugar — 200 g
Orange juice — 1 tablespoons
Water — 200 ml
Orange — 2 large
Vanilla pod — 1
Orange marmalade — 1 tablespoons
The nuts (coarsely chopped) — 100g
mascarpone or cream (to supply)
1. To prepare the syrup in a saucepan Pour orange juice, sugar and water, bring to a boil. On low heat cook the syrup for 10 minutes, cool.
2. To prepare the orange filling put oranges in a saucepan and fill with water, so they float freely. Cook oranges 45 minutes, drain, cool oranges. Cut the oranges into small pieces and ground in a blender.
3. filter the mixture and give to drain excess fluid. Mix ready-orange puree, vanilla seeds and orange marmalade.
4. To prepare the dough the flour and butter in a blender grind into crumbs. Add 3 egg yolks, yogurt, mixed with soda. Knead the dough, we give it a «rest» and is divided into 4 parts. Roll out one piece into a thin layer, so that it shine through. We spread a layer in a greased with butter form, spread a layer of orange filling.
5. Cover with the following formation and thus collect baklava. The top layer of dough can be made thicker. Cut into diamonds or squares and send in a preheated 180 degree oven for 30 minutes.
6. Then reduce temperature to 150 degrees and bake for another 15 — 20 minutes. The finished baklava immediately pour the syrup ready, a prerequisite to baklava was hot and cold syrup. The incision site again walk with a knife, to the syrup is completely penetrated the baklava. Sprinkle with chopped nuts baklava, give stand 10 minutes and serve. Serve warm or cold with a scoop of ice cream or mascarpone.