Quarkstollen — it is a German Christmas fruitcake with cream cheese. Stoll on this recipe turns out very tender and flavorful, and a lot of fun. In many countries, oven Stoll became a good tradition of baking Christmas for 500 years. During baking Stollen publishes a wonderful aroma to the whole apartment, which is reminiscent of that very — very soon Christmas. Congratulations to all the upcoming holidays!:)
Flour — 500 g
Sugar — 100 g
Baking powder — 1 teaspoon
Butter — 100 g
The Egg — 2
Cheese — 300 g
Pineapple candied fruit — 100 g
Almonds (chopped) — 50 g
Raisins — 100 g
Orange marmalade — 4 tablespoons
1. The flour is sieved and mixed with baking powder. In a separate bowl, mix cheese with butter and whisk.
2. Then add a few drops of almond essence and egg. Add sugar, stir. Adding 2. l. orange jam, raisins, nuts and candied fruits.
3. Carefully stir, add flour with baking powder and knead hands do not stick to the dough. Do not add all the flour at once, perhaps, it will need less, I took 400 of the laid spread the dough on a baking tray with baking paper and attach the form of an elongated dough cakes.
4. Then the edge of his hand is done to test the groove, as if separating the third Test, which covers a large part.
5. This form symbolizes Stollen swaddled baby Jesus. We send in a preheated 180 degree oven for 40 minutes. If he starts burnt on top, cover it with foil. Warm galleries grease with butter and 2 tbsp. l. orange jam. Then sprinkle the cooled Stollen with icing sugar. Stolle can be wrapped in foil or baking paper and leave in a cool place for 2 -3 weeks for ripening or eat immediately with tea